I love a good mystery. I don't like scary stuff, but I like a good mystery. So in the dull of the dead February, anxiously awaiting spring, I have been blessed with one.
We have a gate out our back yard, with easy access to the Jr High. We haven't locked it in the past, but through the winter we have noticed it being left open.
Thanks to the snow we could see a set of footprints leading to the side of the house, but with the roads cleared we didn't know where they went after that.
With recent snow storms coming daily old footprints have been covered clean.
Yesterday I saw them around 12:30pm.
Note: We had since put a lock on the gate (an easily undone lock, but a lock nonetheless)
This time there were three tracks.
I put on a coat and went out to see if I could track them further.
There were fresh prints to the neighbors gate and through his yard then another yard and then I lost them.
Today I look out the window at 9:47am.
New prints (thanks to the fresh snow)
You should have seen me:
Capri pajama pants, Reed's snow boots and my Sunday coat, with bed head.
The prints followed the same route. No one in site.
I am going to find out who is doing this.
Only what should I do when I catch them?
Do you think they'll take me seriously if my pajama pants don't meet my boots?
I have fantasized about going to the upstairs window with some water and pouring it out on them when they pass underneath...that would stop them.
I might just set up the camera in a back window.
We will for sure put a real lock on the gate, but I want to know who it is first.
If it's someone that knows me I probably shouldn't reputate myself as the "crazy lady" that will pour water on you if trespass in her yard.
For sure I will keep you updated.
Perhaps a smeared faced picture of the culprits (as they are surely underage).
For now I should probably go do the laundry.
2 comments:
Perhaps you should make sure you wear a green facial mask in the morning, so that you can really scare them as you sneak up behind them in your capri pjs and reed's snow boots. Good luck!
That is a great idea, and then they hopefully wouldn't recognize me in the future if we ever have a run in at the grocery store or something.
Post a Comment