Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Chair


I bought this upholstery fabric at a great deal of $3 a yard.  It was suggested that this type of chair needed 7 yards.  So for $21 it went from a red and creamed checker to a blue paisley with slight hints of red and yellow.


This was my first attempt at a slip cover.  I found a great video tutorial and sort of followed it.  I made basic pattern pieces out of butcher paper and then put the fabric on inside out and pinned and sewed.  It took me a long time.  I didn't use enough fabric to tuck all of the edges in.  So it is in no way perfect, but I like the new look.

5 comments:

Chad, Melanie and Layla said...

so cute! I love the fabric with your paint color. The room looks so nice!

Shannon said...

where did you get the fabric? next to michaels?

Brooke said...

Yes Shannon...right on.

Daughter of God said...

It looks great! I feel bad though. I have a sewing book that teaching you how to upholster funiture. Sorry, Next time barrow it from me. :}
amy young

Juleen said...

Brooke!! It looks so cute. That's the fabric you bought last year at the $2 Fabric store right?? I am still using the fabric I bought last year. It was a great deal!