#6 My best friend was here to visit and our children became best buds.
My best friend moved in when I was in 6th grade.
We had an incredible neighborhood of great kids and so much fun together, but she was my best friend.
She was a grade ahead of me.
We watched all the classics together.
We made movies together.
When I graduated from high school and finished a year of college we went to Jerusalem together (with my sister).
On our way back we toured Europe together.
Just the two of us wondering through countries on train.
She was in love with Germany and when we returned she received a mission call there.
When she returned from her mission she was hotly pursued by a German and fell in love with and married him.
And eventually he took her away to Germany.
And it was okay because he was that great of a guy.
So once a year we see each other, when she comes out here.
Only this time it had been two years because she had purchased and old home and fixed it up to pottery barn proportions.
But our kids still felt comfortable with each other after two years.
And I want to remember their trip here and how fun it was to see our posterity forming friendships.
#7 Sam slept through the night. 9pm-6am. It just makes him that much cuter.
4 comments:
congrats on the sleeping through the night!!!!! Now you can really start to feel like your self again, at least that is when I started to after the babies came. :]
Congrats Sam! And yes, I want my best friend's kids to be friends. It is just one of those things you always want.
I tagged you, go to my blog to see what to do if you want to
We have a lot in common, I went to Jerusalem with my brother in 1992 or 1993. What a great experience, except I let "missing" a boyfriend interfere with all the fun I could've had. Stupid 20 year old that I was!
Post a Comment