Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'm supposed to be more mature at this age.


So I have a funny VERY immature story for you. It's actually not about this photo...which is another story (yes, immature). Okay it's short so I'll share it first. Isn't it a cute picture of M. Fooled you. Just like we fooled everyone at the museum. Slyly we got a shot of the red hat club in the background. Lot's of giggles going on at the museum.

The real reason for this post, I am sharing an email I sent to my friend J who lives in Germany:

I am sure that I will get fired from my calling shortly...except that our Bishop laughs at immature things sometimes.
Here it goes:
The lesson was on Reverence, which makes this even more immature.
First off one sister (whose remainder of name shall remain anonymous so as not to be made fun of...because I'm not that immature :)...) spoke of how she felt people shouldn't chew gum in sacrament meeting.
I have to agree because gum gets really gross when you chew it with bread. I usually don't chew until after the sacrament for that very reason, but occassionally I have forgotten and had to put it in my cheek.

While she was making this comment I realized I had gum in my mouth and she was sitting next to me...and well, I'm sure she was realizing my immaturity at this point. I chewed slowly and quietly so as not to disturb too badly. But I was caught in the act by one of the "ladies" new in from Young Women...in that she is 19. Luckily she found this rather funny.

SO the comments continue and I notice a few other people chewing gum and I relax a little and probably chewed with my mouth open because another sister,  (whose name I can't spell because you would fall over laughing knowing what was to come next) had several comments about being reverent in church including not chewing gum at church. Well this was it...I couldn't handle it any more. Sister C looked at me and smiled. I stuck my gum through my teeth to show her my dilema to which she folded over in laughter. The two ladies sitting on my one side said "quick swallow it". And hopefully the one sitting on the other side of me didn't notice...because immaturity was leaking from my every pore. By the way Sister C was sitting on the front row...so hopefully no one else noticed my gum show and tell. SO there was a little irreverence while we gathered ourselves back together and I wondered where I was when they announced the new commandment about not chewing gum at church.
This same sister  had a few things to say about opened toed shoes at church one week. I was sitting in the back at the time and I chuckled a little too loudly as I watched all the ladies heads go down as they tried to non chalantly look and see if they had worn open toed shoes that day. Sister H was exuberant in exclaiming that she was sure glad she hadn't worn hers that day.




Have a great German Day!

They probably don't chew gum over there since body oders are a good thing in Europe :)

PS. I chew purely for aesthetic reasons...I look so cute chewing gum! :)

And to all of you reading this...I really am immature, but I understand the other womens maturity...I just don't relate well :)

0 comments: