Monday, September 27, 2010

Boot legger

This morning started out fantastic with a run with a friend. Exercise is so much more fun when your chatting away during it. We were supposed to go 2 miles, but I lost track and am pretty sure we did more then that. It was a great start to the day.


Em stayed home sick for the second Monday in a row. We are calling it the "Monday sore throat". It is very swollen though, and she is scheduled for a strep test later this evening.

Max twisted his foot last week, and like a good mom, I decided after 5 days of pain that we should take him in. The xray didn't reveal anything, but there is definitely some ligament damage and he is now in a walking boot that should keep things from moving around...11 year old boys are active, that's all there is to it.

Jadey's soccer practice was canceled today due to 6 girls on the team with severe stomach flu. Hopefully we don't end up dealing with that one.

Hadley started reading last week. Talk about exciting. She has to pass of a little booklet at school. I showed her the words and she said "I can't read." I told her to sound them out and whamo, she said "I can read." She was so excited she just kept reading all the words and had a perma grin for the next hour.

Sam does not like baps (naps). I refuse to end them this early. If he had a binky he would like baps, but the binky "broke". I liked it better when he liked baps. He takes them anyway and then wakes up with big hugs for everyone. There are about 9 little boys his age in nursery which means now that school has started for the other kids there are plenty of opportunities for play dates at the park. Fun times.

0 comments: