Thursday, May 7, 2009

Reading

I have been reading two books on mothering lately that I am really enjoying.


The first one is A Mother's Book of Secret's by Linda Eyre and her daughter Shawni.  I love listening to Linda Eyre.  She had 9 kids and every-time I listen to her (at education week) or read her books I want to have 9 kids.  Then I come home and realize I will just use her ideas on the ones I have.  This book is great.  It's divided into chapters about different tips to help (I think there are 10 secrets).  It's fun to hear the mother/daughter duo give different ideas and see how the daughter has done things a little differently then her mom did, but how it is working.  The photography is beautiful.  I just came away from it uplifted, boosted up a little.  As a bonus they are donating a portion of the proceeds to the Foundation for the Blind.  Shawni has a daughter with a syndrome that will most likely lead to blindness by the time she is 15.  If you're looking for a good mothering read I would suggest it.  And go check out Shawni's blog too.

The second book is by Steven Covey's daughter Maria Covey Cole.  It's called Contentment-Inspiring Insights for LDS Mothers.  I was drawn to it because of the word contentment.  I like her idea of not comparing yourself to everyone else's best.  Another good read if your looking for it.

0 comments: