Thursday, October 9, 2008

A little on the deceptive side

I am rather confused this election season.  I have made myself watch the debates and I find myself saying, "Yah, that sounds right, that sounds good."  Then the other person says their schpil and I think, "Well yah, I see your point."  And then I hear others on the news telling about how they were lying and I wonder, "how do you know what the truth is?"

They say in the birth order that the second child tends to be more like the mom, the first like the dad and I think it's the third that is most affected by the parents relationship with each other and then there is something about the fourth.  Anyway, while I am watching the debate the other night my second was in the room working on something else and says "Yah, that sounds right" to one candidate and "that was good" to the other and I realize, not only that the birth order thing might be right, or that I am as easily swayed as a fourth grader, but that this really is confusing.  I'm glad the gospel is a whole lot easier for me to know truth in, and that we don't have to vote for prophets.

And speaking of a deceptive season...these photos may look like Emily is one enthusiastic soccer player who was able to convince her dad to coach her this year....

but she really only signed up for the treats, and ran really hard the one game I brought my camera.

4 comments:

Laura said...

But are you smarter than a 6th grader? I couldn't resist a little tease. That birth order stuff is so fascinating. I am the second of two children. Hmmmm.

Laura said...

I meant 5th grader.

Mark and Kattie said...

I found myself thinking the same thing during the debates, I feel totally clueless.

Tammy said...

oh soccer. Good thing it isn't too expensive or it might not totally be worth the work at this age!