
I have been reading blogs for years.
It started with scrap-booking "stars" blogs. Then I read some of their commentors and found other blogs from there.
I have narrowed down my list I check regularly. I have little time so I want the other stuff to be worth it.
I have RSS feed for my all time favorites, which basically means I go to one site (I chose bloglines) and insert my favorite sites and when I check it it tells me which ones have new posts.
I have narrowed down my list of those not related and friends in real life, to those that are most inspiring to me.
Two of those are sisters cjane and nienie. Both are also linked on the right side of my blog.
What I love about them is different:
cjane can write. I haven't read many books lately, but I have read cjane and I am inspired by her.
nienie has an amazingly jane austen outlook on life. She sees the mundane everyday through rose colored glasses. She refers to her husband as Mr. Nielsen and isn't afraid to tell how much she loves and adores him. She takes pictures of her everyday. And she portrays the beauty of motherhood.
They both have huge followings of lds and nonlds people. They share their testimonies and are missionaries in their own sense.
Recently the one sister, nienie (Stephanie) was in a plane crash with her husband and his instructor. The instructor died and Stephanie and her husband are seriously injured with burns.
You can read all about it on her sisters cjane's site.
But I would also encourage you to read nienie's site too.
One of the greatest thing about journaling/blogging is that through it you can see the hand of the Lord in your life and the life of others. It is amazing to read the entries in nienie's blog prior to her crash and see how the Lord prepared them for this.
On Wednesday they are having a fundraising for Stephanie and her husband on this site. All the funds will go toward helping them with living expenses while he is not working and with medical bills. If you want to contribute this is just one way. cjane's site has other links also.
(Image from Bluelilyphotography.com)
0 comments:
Post a Comment