So before February is over I guess we should talk about Valentines Day.
Reed and I decided long ago that the hassle of finding a babysitter and then a place to eat would easily and smartly be replaced with a fancy family dinner. So the tradition has been ribs, potatoes, sometimes shrimp, red jello etc.
This year I went a little simpler, but it was still so much fun.
We had heart shaped pizza's from papa murphy's that we dressed up to be the way we wanted: Pepperoni, Cheese, added mushrooms and olives for Max and me.
We also had strawberry's and grapes.
Then we played games and had an impromptu family dance followed by banana splits.
Reed came home from work with little treats for everyone.
I love celebrating this way!
Free & Fun Back to School Printables
4 weeks ago
4 comments:
That is so much fun! I remember my dad always giving me a special present for valentine's day. Then when I went to jr. high and high school I always had roses delievered to one of my classes with no name on them. It took me until I was in my jr. year before I realized that it was my dad. I think that it was because of that, that I loved and still love valentine's day. any who, ben and I watch our wedding video with our children every valentine's day. what a long comment! :]
Great idea.
Very fun - as you know I'm a fan of the heart shaped pizza as well! Love the little improptu dance you had!
Cute blog, guys! I loved reading through it, thanks for sharing it with me. Maybe we can keep better tabs on eachother's family more than once or twice a year, now! Kinda pathetic, but life as a busy mommy, huh?!
Post a Comment